Monday, September 18, 2006

New York, but no yarn stores

I was able this week to go to New Jersey and New York with a very special friend. It was a wonderful time. I got to meet her oldest and dearest friend from girlhood as well as get reaquainted with another of G's friends from around here. We did the two-day New York Blitz tour. We did not go to any yarn stores because I was the only knitter in the group. K was game but we had plenty of other fun stuff to do. We drove past one of the well known shops but I can't remember the name. We were in SoHo (which, I found out, means South of Houston street), so I am sure I was within spitting distance of Purl SoHo, but I was too busy having iced hotchocolate at MarieBelle. Oh Yum. I finished Randi's first armwarmer on her birthday and have the second well in hand. They are worsted weight, so they are going like lightning. Other knitting news includes the fact that I joined Soctoberfest through Missy's blog (my former secret one-skein pal). Now that the computer is fixed, I am catching up on photo organization and emails. I got a sweet email from Kristin, my other secret pal and I AM going to reply. Things are finally settling down into a routine and I have a day pretty much to myself tomorrow.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Hi Kellie! I couldn't find your email so I';m answereing you here!
If you look at step 6 of the tutorial it says you just slide the slip stitch off the end of that needle and let it hang. You won't be using it so uoi will need to wrap to half the # of total stitches you'll need. If you need an uneven # of stitches for your project, just either increase one less stitch (as in sock toes) OR decrease a stitch by k2tog (for a bag bottom, ect.) Hope this helps, glad you like the tute :)

Debi said...

i forgot to add, email me if you need anything!

brsmaryland said...

New York is such a great city. Especially when you have people to show you around and do all the navigations. I spent a week there with friends and it still wasn't enough time to see/do everything we wanted. Just more reasons to keep going back to visit! A 'knitting shop crawl' would be a fun thing to do.