Saturday, January 17, 2009

Knit One Below Scarf



Here is the sample of the scarf I'm teaching at the shop. This technique, newly explored in Elise Duvekot's great new book Knit One Below, is a variation of a brioche stitch that I first sampled from one of the Barbara Walker Treasuries. Elise has done a nice job fleshing out the possibilities of the stitch, and adapted it to modern yarns like this long repeat stripe called Paintbox from K1C2. It is knit so the colors start out opposite one another, converge in the middle, then shimmer back to the beginning. It was quick and fun to make.

2 comments:

gnomegarden said...

Hey Kel!!! I loves this scarf!!! Hope I get to see you soon, sister!! xoxox dd

holly b said...

oooh, I want to make this! I finally finished my 2nd sampler for my class so now I get to have some fun...