Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Best Things About Stitches List

I got back from Stitches Midwest on Sunday night, just missing a real fun time in the Chicago airport, apparently. It was a great weekend and here is what made me smile:
  • Rooming with Debbie Radtke. She's just awesome.
  • My classes all went really well, or at least I felt good about them.
  • Teaching my Thursday class in Nirvana and my Sunday class in Epiphany (those are the whimsical room names at the Renaissance Schaumburg. It was cool.
  • I got to spend time with and get to know better Sarah and Margaret. They are super-talented yet down to earth and so very nice.
  • I still get star-struck when I meet designers whose work I really admire (and have made their designs) like Jolene Treace.
  • Dinner at Sam and Harry's with a whole bunch of lovely people
  • Helping a table full of cute young girls from the Chicago area learn to knit. They were eager and beautiful.
  • Room Service breakfast on my birthday. It was actually fun to be there on my birthday. I got sung to twice. Can't beat that.
  • Working backstage at the fashion show. I love seeing the garments close-up.
  • Seeing Gwen and Beth.
  • Helping Gwen finish her amazing sweater. We team knitted until 15 minutes before the banquet started on Saturday night.
  • The market, of course. People always ask if I still knit for pleasure and if the market still dazzles me. Definitely yes to the first, and to the second, while it doesn't dazzle me like it used to, it still inspires me and I still feel the urge to possess the beautiful yarns and tools.
  • The fact that I'm even THERE! At at national venue! Doing what I love!
I'm so grateful for this gig and I hope it lasts a long time.

No comments: